FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please find below answers to a range frequently asked questions regarding the school response to COVID-19 and our plans for continuing the education of all our year groups for the rest of the academic year.
As soon as we are aware of any developments or changes, we shall update our FAQs.
- How will public exam grades be calculated?
- Will there be a provision to support my child’s learning?
- WHEN WILL REMOTE TEACHING COMMENCE?
- Are there any subjects that will not be covered by remote learning?
- How will RHS monitor a child’s attendance at each remote lesson?
- Who do I contact if my remote learning technology is not working properly?
- How do I access my child’s academic timetable?
- Will my child still be set homework?
- How can I contact my child’s tutor/subject teacher/SHS
- What happens if my child is unable to attend a remote lesson?
- What should pupils in Year 10 and 12 sitting school examinations expect after Easter?
- In the event of closure, how will RHS support pupils sitting GCSEs and A levels this summer?
- Have pupils been shown how to access Microsoft Teams for their lessons?
- Is there a code of conduct for pupils and staff when using Microsoft Teams?
- How will this affect GCSEs and A Levels?
- Will RHS still be using MSP for prep setting?
- What are the arrangements for those children who cannot travel back to their home country?
- If my child returns home at Easter and we live in a Category 1, restricted country, will the school provide a means for them to self-isolate as required on their return?
- How can I keep my child safe from Coronavirus at home?
- WHAT WILL RHS DO TO SUPPORT THOSE CHILDREN WHO REQUIRE SCHOOL SUPPORT AS OUTLINED BY SECRETARY OF STATE FOR EDUCATION ON 18th MARCH?
- What measures is the school taking to prevent an outbreak of Coronavirus?
- How will the school keep me informed?
- Has anyone within the school community tested positive for Coronavirus?
- How should I talk to my child about Coronavirus?
- What should I do if my child develops symptoms of coronavirus?
- Will you inform parents if anyone within the school community tests positive?
- Will RHS continue to update the Coronavirus website page over the holidays?
- Have any of the overseas pupils already left the school?
- Can UK parents remove their children from school prior to the start of the Easter holidays?
Update to academic questions relating to the calculation of public exam grades.
Additional questions and answers added.
Update to subjects covered by remote learning.
Update to 'Looking Ahead' questions.
FAQ page created.