The riding school, located in picturesque Suffolk countryside just 3 miles from the School, provides a comprehensive programme of riding lessons, equine care training, GCSE qualifications in Equestrianism and British Horse Society stage examinations catering for every level of experience from beginner to advanced level.
Livery facilities are available for those pupils who wish to bring their own horse or pony to School during the term time and riding may be chosen as a games option or as an after-school activity.
- 22 spacious stables for livery
- 50 acres of grazing
- 40 x 20ft floodlit outdoor school with silica sand & rubber surfacing
- 20 x 20ft lunge pen
- Grassed show jumping area
- Miles of beautiful bridleways across the picturesque Shotley Peninsula
- Full livery
- Preparation & transport for shows
- Cross Country training days
Caroline Colwill has been working with horses for many years. She read Equestrian Studies at Hartpury College and opened her livery yard in 2002, primarily to produce young horses and re-school. In addition, she was equestrian consultant for Suffolk EQ magazine from 2006-2010.
She has been training the Royal Hospital School Equestrian Team since 2008, preparing them for competitions such as National Schools Equestrian Association (NSEA) events and the Windsor Horse Show.